Chinese Checkers 30 cm
or make 4 interest-free payments of $11.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Chinese checker is a good old classic game, teach your kids and have hours of fun with them while developing their problem solving skills.
Did you know that Chinese Chequers actually has nothing to do with China? The game was invented in Germany in 1892 under the name "Stern-Halma" as a variation of the even older game founded in the US "Halma".
Here's how to play :-)
- A game for 2 or 3 players
- OBJECT: To be the first player to move all 6 of his playing pieces from one side of the board to the other.
- SET UP: Each player chooses a colour triangle, takes the 6 playing pieces of that colour and places them in the 6 spaces of one of the triangles of that colour. No two start triangles should be adjacent to each other.
- HOW TO PLAY: Each player in turn may move one playing piece in any direction onto any immediately adjacent vacant space or may jump over any adjacent playing piece of any colour (including its own) onto a vacant space beyond. Several such jumps can be made, if the opportunity exists, within the same turn.
- WINNING: The first player to move all 6 of their playing pieces from the start triangle across the board and onto the opposite triangle of the same colour is the winner.
- Recommended age: 3 years +